Today the world lost one of her biggest talents – Karl Lagerfeld . His creations were couture at its best – timeless, chic, breathtaking. Just can’t imagine his brand, Fendi or Chanel without the Karl himself🖤.
Down below are his best creations for the Chanel brand for the past 10 years:
The most fascinating part about being a fashion illustrator is to attend the runway shows during the Fashion Week! This time I was invited by the Munich-based designer Irene Luft and just couldn’t resist to come over.
Why is this such an outstanding experience that every Illustrator should make?
- The Designer. You can meet the designer behind the outfits. Speak with her/him, understand the thoughts behind the collection
- The Outfits. Textile and textures that are more amazing while touching with your own fingertips rather than watching on a photo
- The atmosphere. It is something very different to experience the show yourself than watching it on TV or looking at the photos. It’s all about the details – about the location, guests, light, music.. everything!
- People. It is awesome to meet new people, celebs or just your potential clients. Have fun!
- The Inspiration… to create and draw further illustrations!
The theme of this Show was “Dark City” and Irene created exceptional dresses choosing the bold black color.
I was surprised by the countless textures presented on the runway – beaded sleeves and dresses, layers and layers of tulle and precious embroidery. Dark glamour at it’s best.
The models wore outstanding white lenses to make the iris disappear so it looked a bit creepy, but totally suited to the theme! I saw a few backstage photos, when the models shed a few tears while applying the lenses – and I think I can understand them.
Down below are my sketches fresh from the runway and a few photos.
There is an must-see-watch lists for everything. But I made my own.. So excited to present you the selection of the best fashion films of all times.
- Devil Wears Prada
I can watch this film literally forever. Best music, best dresses and best actors.
- September Issue
A documentary about the September Issue of the Vogue Magazine – the biggest ever. Meant to be the real story behind the glossy pages of the magazine 🙂
- Yves Saint Laurent
Beautiful and captivating film about the great Couturier.
- Confessions of a shopaholic
Have fun shopping 🙂
From an idea to the million dollar company…
- Valentino: the last emperior
Documentary about the designer, that said, that he sews the dresses for the women to wear…
- Coco before Chanel
Like a fairytale….
- Nocturnal animals by Tom Ford
Not truly a fashion film, but a captivating thriller that were produced by the Tom Ford. This is the most breathtaking film I’ve ever seen. You can “stop” it on every moment and this moment would be so perfect that you can hang it on your wall.